I got the second coat of Spar-Urethane on the door now it was time to deal with the window treatment.
The last owners had left a light blue push-on sheer that worked fine for privacy. Again here is the interior of the door before I started the project.
Recap from last week: I had stripped the red paint of the door exterior and stripped the varnish/lacquer off of the interior and freshened up the stain. In the midst of stripping I discovered the door interior was not a single color!
I decided to forgo any kind of curtain or shade and tested this frosted privacy film from Jo-Ann’s (yay for coupons!)
This is not a sticky product at all and was pretty easy to work with. It was very similar to those decorative stick on clings you might find for holidays. Just cut the cling to the right dimension, spritz the window with water and put it on smoothing out any bubbles. It is pretty easy to re-adjust so just take your time with it.
I am quite happy how this project turned out, now I will turn my attention to the front porch while searching for the perfect wreath to hang on the door.